Die Cast Handling Application by MOTOMAN ROBOT
A wide range of casting and foundry processes can be automated using robotics. Material handling is a natural application, but robotics can also be used in die lubrication, sand core processing and even ladling molten metal. Casting and foundry application are some of the most challenging faced by an industrial robot.
Common hazards include:
- Coolants, die lubrication or other liquids
- Airborne particles including metal spits and grit
- IP67-rated wrists are standard on most models with IP65 bodies available on many models. The process liquids used in casting and foundry environments frequently mix with metal fragments and grit to create a sludge that sticks to the robot. To avoid this building up on the robot, we offer a high gloss anti-corrosive paint.
- For high heat applications, high-durability robot jackets designed for a long life in the harshest of environments are available.These jackets can be customized using multiple materials to best meet the environmental requirements; they can be cooled if needed.
- We have a range of material handling robots with payloads from 5-600 kg for use in casting and foundry applications. Our heaviest payload robots feature parallel-link construction for strength, rigidity and stabilization of high moment/inertia loads, while heavy-duty bearings provide smooth arm rotation.